Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Spear of Odin!

So I started my new pit tonight, codename: SPEAR OF ODIN.  The initial build is from the awesome Akers-Barnes Cockpit design, which I've seen some amazing things done with.  It's a great platform for modding and building on, and I plan on putting it on a mobile base and building an enclosure around it with a hinged or sliding canopy.



That shouldn't be too hard with this design, and easier to realize since I modeled the A/B Cockpit in Google SketchUp.

From Simpit build

The materials are few, just two pieces of 1/2" 4x8 plywood, which I got at Home Depot for $36 each, and a 24" long, 1" diameter steel pipe for the seat support, which cost me $10.  The bigger cost was the tools I didn't have, such as a jig saw, straight edge, drill bits, and saw horses.  

I started drawing the plans onto the plywood tonight, and I hope to be able to begin cutting this beast on my next day off.  Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment